What to try after sticker charts stall

When a chart loses its power, I coach parents to pivot to one target behavior at a time and pair it with behavior-specific praise plus an immediate, tiny privilege (like choosing the dinner playlist) for 7 days straight. For those doing evenings solo around 6 pm, what small, quick rewards have worked in your home?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍‍​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠​‌‍‌​‌‍​⁠‌‍​‌‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‌‌​​⁠‌‍⁠​‌​‌‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌‌​⁠‌​‌‌​⁠‌‍‌​​‍​⁠‌‌‌⁠​​‌‌⁠⁠​⁠‌‌‌‌‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

At 6:00 solo, I run a 90-second “power task,” praise the specific behavior, and the reward is pressing the dishwasher start and picking the first song — immediate and fun. > dinner playlist) for 7 days straight. For those doing evenings solo around 6 pm, (If it stalls after a week, swap the privilege but keep it instant — one-minute flashlight story or stirring the pot.).

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍‍​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠​‌‍‌​‌‍​⁠‌‍​‌‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‍​​⁠‌‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌‍‌⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌​​‌‌‍⁠⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠​‍‌​‍‍‌⁠​​‌​‍⁠‌⁠‌‍​⁠​‌‌‌​⁠‌⁠‌​‌​⁠‍‌​‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I do a 6 pm ‘light captain’ — kid picks nightlight color immediately; @greg_peters50, I’d swap music for that.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍​⁠‌‍‍​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠​‌‍‌​‌‍​⁠‌‍​‌‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​⁠‍‌​⁠‍​​⁠‌‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​⁠‍‌​​⁠‌⁠‍‌‌‌​​‌​‍⁠​⁠‌​‌​⁠​‌‍‍​‌⁠‌​​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​‌⁠‍​‌​‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌