Last week, we had a hilarious incident at the after-school program where a group of kids orchestrated a ‘snack heist’ during free time. They managed to sneak away with all the granola bars, but their teamwork was so impressive that I almost had to applaud! It really reminded me how important it’s to keep those kids engaged and to always have adult supervision during snack time. Anyone else have funny stories about snack shenanigans?
I totally get it; those snack heists drive me nuts too! Last week, my kids pulled a similar stunt during a movie session and dove right into the popcorn stash. I’ve found it helps to set a snack timer and have them pick treats beforehand — keeps them engaged and less likely to plot a heist! How do you usually manage snack time supervision?
It’s amazing how kids can team up for a snack heist like it’s a covert mission! I had a similar scene when mine turned the living room into a snack barricade during movie night. Maybe I should stick to healthier options — less appealing to sneak away.
I’ve started setting up ‘snack guards’ — a few trusted older kids to help keep an eye on things during snack time. It’s worked wonders, though I’m still surprised by their creativity! Anyone else tried similar tactics? @lgreenwood57.