And i’ve been really focused on helping my toddlers develop their independence during playtime. Lately, I’ve noticed that allowing them to choose their activities — like picking out books or toys — has sparked so much creativity and enthusiasm! Have any of you tried specific strategies to foster independence in your little ones? I’d love to hear what works for you.
I totally get that! It drives me nuts sometimes when they just can’t decide what to do. One thing that’s worked for us is setting up an ‘activity corner’ with different options.
One thing that’s really helped is giving them a ‘choice time’ where they can select from a few options, but I also stay close by to provide support if they ask for it. It’s amazing to see how much confidence they gain just by making those little choices; have you thought about how they react when they encounter something new?
I’ve found that creating a simple ‘yes’ environment really helps. Instead of saying no to everything, I try to reframe options to encourage my toddlers to explore freely. For example, if they want to color on the wall, I’ll suggest a canvas instead.
It’s great to hear how choosing their activities sparks creativity! I’ve found that letting toddlers help with simple tasks, like setting the table, can build their confidence too. It’s like giving them a mini promotion to ‘helper,’ which they usually love.